A+ Education Foundation has awarded 79 educators grants totaling more than $72,000 to help fund creative and innovative programs that will encourage and inspire their students. The A+ Education Foundation awards grants up to $1,000 to A+ Federal Credit Union (A+FCU) members who are professionally certified educators teaching Pre-K – 12. Among the 79 recipients, $15,454.89 has been awarded to 17 educators from Round Rock ISD.
A+FCU established the A+ Education Foundation Grant Program 19 years ago to provide grants to full-time educators of pre-kindergarten through 12th grades. These grants help fund materials, programs, and educator training while providing enrichment opportunities for grant recipients. Since 2005, the A+ Education Foundation has awarded nearly $1 million to 981 educators.
“I’m honored to be part of the A+ Education Foundation Board to support our educators,” Dennis Loftis, A+ Education Foundation board member, and A+FCU executive vice president and chief financial officer said. “The credit union was founded by a small group of teachers and helping them 70 years later is exciting.”
A+FCU has been a long-time partner of Round Rock ISD supporting our schools with financial literacy, guest speaking, soft skills training and job shadowing experiences.
“We are thankful for A+FCU and the strong partnership we have formed,” Superintendent Steve Flores, Ph.D. said. “It takes all of us working together to provide stellar opportunities for our students.”
Round Rock ISD grant recipients include:
- Tiffany Pelzel, Blackland Prairie Elementary, Books for ALL, $912.18
- Veronica Garcia, Bluebonnet Elementary, Let’s Get Coding, $999.86
- Julianne Bamford, Canyon Creek Elementary, Which Team are You “Voting” For? $990.00
- Amber Barr, Deep Wood Elementary, Amazing Animals and Amazing Readers!, $996.43
- Amanda Galindo, Deep Wood Elementary, Trading, Spaces, $967.61
- Angie House, Deep Wood Elementary, Whole School Literacy Reform in Elementary Schools, $800.00
- Jessica Cheyney, Double File Trail Elementary, We Got This!, $999.97
- Tiffany Vogelman, Double File Trail Elementary, Reading Under the Stars, $710.82
- Ginna Wimmer, Fern Bluff Elementary, Reading Around the World-Learning About Cultural Diversity, $840.00
- Jessica Harlow, Great Oaks Elementary, Growing Leaders Through Reading, $1,000.00
- Jenny Weaver, Great Oaks Elementary, Build Your Character(s), $1,000.00
- Sharon Figueroa, Herrington Elementary, I Can Read Anywhere with Istation, $990.00
- Kristie Campo, Joe Lee Johnson Elementary, Learning in Motion!, $1,000.00
- Rebecca Knox, Live Oak Elementary School, Orff Schulwerk Level II Training, $507.25
- Diane Hance, Grisham Middle School, Building Community Through Board Games, $999.37
- Bernadette DeLaGarza, Pearson Ranch Middle School, Innovation Takes Flight, $894.60
- Shannon Sieber, Pearson Ranch Middle School, Coding in the Core, $846.80