Starting May 29, through the end of June, eight Round Rock ISD locations will provide children 18 years and younger access to free, healthy meals.
Through funding made available by The U.S. Department of Agriculture nutrition program, the Seamless Summer Option provides nutritious meals to children during the summer, when free and reduced-price school meals are not available.
Meal sites will serve breakfast and lunch, Monday through Friday, to children in the Round Rock and North Austin community, who rely on school meals during the academic year. Children up to 18 years old and persons over 18 years of age who are determined by a state or local public education agency to be mentally or physically disabled are eligible to drop in to receive a meal. No application is required.
Round Rock ISD serving schedule and meal sites:
May 29 – June 26, Monday through Friday
Breakfast service, 8 – 8:30 a.m.; Lunch service, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Cedar Ridge High School, 2801 Gattis School Rd., Round Rock, TX 78664
- Round Rock High School, 201 Deep Wood Dr., Round Rock, TX 78681
- Success High School, 500 Gattis School Rd., Round Rock, TX 78664
- Stony Point High School, 1801 Tiger Trail, Round Rock, TX 78664
- Westwood High School, 12400 Mellow Meadow Dr., Austin, TX 78750
May 29 – June 27, Monday through Friday
Breakfast service, 7:30 – 8 a.m.; Lunch service, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Callison Elementary, 1750 Thompson Trail, Round Rock, TX 78664
- Forest North Elementary, 13414 Broadmeade Ave., Austin, TX 78729
- Caldwell Heights Elementary, 4010 Eagles Nest St., Round Rock, TX 78665
Families can use the following tools, provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, to find a meal site anywhere in the state:
- Call 2-1-1 to speak to a live operator
- Visit www.SummerFood.org for an interactive site locator map
- Text FOODTX to 877-877
For more information about meal service at Round Rock ISD campuses contact Jaime Hackett, supervisor at Round Rock ISD Food Services.