They already have an A+, so Round Rock ISD is giving them a gold star. A+ Federal Credit Union (A+FCU) is being honored as a Distinguished Partner by the District for their years of dedication to Round Rock ISD’s students and staff. The relationship between the two spans decades. A+FCU was started in 1949 by teachers with the idea to work together as stewards of each other’s financial futures.
As the relationship between A+FCU and Round Rock ISD blossomed, the teacher-oriented credit union naturally wanted to give back and become more involved in helping teachers and students.
“A+ Federal Credit Union has been proud to partner with Round Rock ISD for decades – first from teachers joining the credit union to improve their financial well-being, to opening our Round Rock High School branch in 2014 and, most recently, hosting our first RRISD Mad City Money simulation at Ridgeview Middle School,” A+ CEO Kerry Parker said. “I’m especially proud of our team and their commitment to financially educating youth in the areas and their deep involvement with 10 Green Apple schools in the District.”
A+FCU has demonstrated its commitment to Round Rock ISD in a multitude of ways, from volunteering to monetary donations. Below are some examples of their generosity:
- Operates a branch at Round Rock High School. In 2018 over $11,600 went back to Round Rock
- High School in Cash Back Debit Card Rewards.
- Provides paid student internships at multiple branches.
- Offers teachers professional development and hosts teachers as externs over the summer.
- Serves as guest speakers at all levels on financial and professionalism topics.
- Serves as judges for mock interviews for high school students.
- A+ FCU employees serve on Academy Advisory Boards with Round Rock ISD faculty and students.
- Provides scholarships for student interns and for the general student population.
- Hosts student job shadow experiences.
- Supports the Partners in Education Foundation. In 2018 A+ FCU gave $18,000 to support the PIEF gala, Teacher of the Year program, golf tournament, school supplies, and weekly folders.
- Supports the Round Rock ISD Winterfest program.
- Provides teacher grants. Since its inception, the A+FCU Education Foundation has awarded 191 teacher grants totaling $173,113.74.
- Provides savings accounts for students under 12 years old as part of the Green Apple Schools program.
- Ran Mad City Money simulation at Ridgeview Middle School with all seventh graders in February and will host at Cedar Valley Middle School in Spring 2019.
“It is the support and commitment of business partners like A+ Federal Credit Union that make Round Rock ISD one of the best in the state of Texas,” Superintendent Steve Flores, Ph. D. said “We appreciate their dedication to our students and teachers and hope to build upon the great programs already in place.”