In an effort to improve safety and security, a Clear Bag Policy will be instituted at all large scale events held at the Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex and Dragon Stadium in Round Rock ISD. These will include events such as varsity football games, band marching contests, and other highly attended events beginning in August 2019.
Bags that are permitted include:
- Bags that are clear plastic and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags
- Small clutch bags or purses that do not exceed the size of a hand
Bags not permitted include:
- Backpacks, printed pattern plastic bags, fanny packs, purses, reusable grocery totes, mesh or straw bags, duffle bags, large totes, camera or binocular cases.
- Diaper bags are not allowed. Items normally carried in a diaper bag must be put into a clear plastic bag for venue entry.
Community members with non-permitted bags will not be allowed to enter the facilities and will be asked to return the items to their car. For those in need of a clear bag, stadium officials will have a limited number of clear one-gallon zip close storage bags available at events.
Student participants will be allowed to bring school issued equipment bags into the stadium under the supervision and guidelines of their student group sponsor.
More information on the policy, an overview sheet and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) can be found on the Athletic’s Department website.
Let’s be clear, safety is our top priority:
Fans can plan ahead by being familiar with our clear bag policy and by purchasing tickets online prior to events. Planning ahead can help avoid box office lines and get you to your seats faster.
Tickets to varsity football games are available for purchase online and on campus the week of each game. The purchase price for online game tickets, including fees, are $8.25 per adult and $4.25 per student. Pre-game online pricing ends at 5 p.m. on game day.
Online ticketing for Festival of Bands is expected to be available in September. The clear bag policy will be enforced at all large-scale athletic events, including but not limited to home Varsity Football games.