Round Rock ISD students, Pre-K through grade 12 are encouraged to receive their annual flu vaccination on Saturday, Oct. 20., from 9 a.m. to noon at C.D. Fulkes Middle School located at 300 W. Anderson Ave., Round Rock, 78681.
Trained and skilled licensed nurses from Healthy Schools will be administering the vaccine by injection only. There is no cost for the student to receive a flu shot.
Parents and guardians must provide consent and MUST be present for a student to receive the flu vaccine. Sign your child up online by Thursday, Oct. 18.
- Select “Let’s Get Started” or “Register your child to receive a flu shot.”
- Choose “Yes” if your campuses flu shot clinic was canceled and you previously completed the online consent form.
- Choose “No” if you have not completed an online consent for your child to receive a flu shot.
- Fill out the requested information.
- School name field, select Saturday.
If you are unable to complete the consent form online, you can download and print a Spanish or English consent form and bring the form with you to the scheduled clinic at C.D. Fulkes. Do not return the forms to your child’s campus or give the forms to your child; parents must be present for the student to receive a vaccination.
For a child to be eligible to receive a flu shot, they must be a Round Rock ISD student over the age of four and not have a history of any of the following medical conditions:
- Allergy to chicken eggs or egg products
- Allergy to Latex
- Life-threatening reaction(s) to
fluvaccine in the past
- Has had Guillain-Barre syndrome (very rare)
- Has long-term health problems with
weakenedimmune system, heart disease, lung disease (e.g. cystic fibrosis), liver disease, kidney disease, or metabolic disorders (e.g. diabetes) or blood disorders (e.g. sickle disease or thalassemia)
This clinic is brought to you by Round Rock ISD and Healthy Schools. Healthy Schools apologizes for any inconvenience caused by the cancellations of the previously scheduled clinics.