Round Rock ISD student-athletes from Cedar Ridge and Stony Point high schools ranked among the top 10 students in their events at the annual University Interscholastic League (UIL) Track and Field State Meet.
The meet was held in Austin May 11-12 and invited the top track and field athletes from across Texas to compete for the sport’s top honors.
“To place within the top student-athletes in in the state takes hard work, determination and support from both campus staff and families,” Round Rock ISD Athletic Director Dwayne Weirich said. “We are proud of these student-athletes who represented Round Rock ISD incredibly well at the state level.”
- Dereck Elkins, first place, 1600 meters,
- Dereck Elkins, seventh place, 3200 meters,
- Symone Washington, fourth place, triple jump, and
- Kianna Jones, ninth place, discus.
- Evan Nafe, second place, 200 meters,
- Evan Nafe, fourth place, 100 meters,
- Sean Prendeville, fourth place, 800 meters, and
- Nigel Harris, sixth place, 110 meter hurdles.