Round Rock ISD student-athletes from Cedar Ridge, Round Rock and Stony Point high schools ranked among the top 10 students in their events at the annual University Interscholastic League (UIL) Track and Field State Meet.
The three-day meet was held in Austin May 11-13 and invited the top track and field athletes from across Texas to compete for the sport’s top honors.
“To place within the top 10 student-athletes in Texas takes great determination and perseverance,” RRISD Athletic Director Dwayne Weirich said. “We are proud of these seven student-athletes who represented Round Rock ISD incredibly well at the state level.”
The winning students, along with respective events, are listed below:
- Shelby West, second place in 300 meter hurdles, Round Rock,
- Brandon Busby, fourth place in discus, Round Rock,
- Sean Prendeville, sixth place in 800 meter, Cedar Ridge,
- Sydney Washington, fourth place in 100 meter and third place in 200 meter, Stony Point,
- Symone Washington, sixth place in long jump and eighth place in triple jump, Stony Point and
- Aysha Robinson, Sydney Washington, Symone Washington and Cierra Watson, sixth place in 100 meter relay, Stony Point.